Wednesday 28 January 2015

She's alive!

I want to write
I want to express
But the monotony of life
Knawing and pawing at me

The creative outlet is missing
Self reflection has halted
The girl who wrote poetry in her diary
On the bus home from school

Depression is not related
Time alone does not equate sadness
In fact, I feel far from depressed
I feel vibrant, enthused, passionate

I am more than a sum of my parts
Constantly evolving, I am aware
But a subtraction, if not accounted for
Will be missed eventually

It's time once again
To be real with myself
To be hard on myself
To avoid complacency

To correct myself
To celebrate myself
Where is she?
She's coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! Please leave a comment if you have anything you wish to share, ask or request!